Friday, November 14, 2014

OnePlus One: How to solve problem of no notification sound and light


This is quite inconvenient, suddenly there is no notification sound and lights for any events, like hangout message, GMail. Even the notification is displayed on the status bar.

First thing to check is if you have Quiet hours (Under Sound setting) enabled and current time is between the start and end of the quiet hour.


If current time is not quiet hours and even you disable Enforce quiet hours, there is still no notification sound and light. Next thing to check is if you have the QUIET HOURS tile turned on in the Quick Setting Panel.


If you enable the QUIET HOURS, what will happen is it will always enforce the quiet hours, even current time is not the during the quiet hours you defined. So always no no notification sound or light unless you turned this off. This looks like a bug to me. But the latest system update (44S) still does not fix this problem.

So to solve this problem for now, you just need to tap on the QUIET HOURS tile to disable it (grey out). This should fix the problem.



10 comments:

  1. Thank you, Andy!!!
    Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I've been trying to fix this for months, I was about to factory reset my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done all the above and still no notifications sounds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oic. Thanks for the explanation. New to all these cm function

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have followed the above instructions but still no notification lights?
    Can anyone help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going crazy. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love u. Thanks a lotttttt. Like I've been doing everything that sites told me to, but none of them worked. Tnxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so irritated with notification sounds all the time that I was looking for ways how to disable it. Thanku so much for letting me know about quiet hours option. just enabled it and no sound only lights. Thanks a ton :-)

    ReplyDelete

Free Shipping + UP to 67% OFF: Xiaomi Brand Special Collection